Here are our top ten things to do from the Room in the Wood (in no particular order)
- Go on a guided history walk with Ron to Skye’s significant historical and archaeological sites including the ‘Battle of the Braes’ and the ‘Enigma of Prehistoric Broch Towers’
- Walk or run the 1.5mile Camustianvaig circular track, via Tianavaig Bay.
- Walk to the summit of Ben Tianavaig (behind Mossfield House) for great views of the North West Highlands, the Isles of Raasay and Rona and Skye’s Trotternish Peninsula.
- Walk out on the Camas a Mhor – Bheoil headland for the beach, birdlife, caves, archaeology and views.
Wildlife & Activities
- Bird watching in our wood and at Tianavaig Bay.
- Bike ride to the Battle of the Braes memorial, or continue further to Sligachan for excellent views of the Black and Red Cuillins.
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch or evening meal at one of the very good eateries in the greater Portree area (or further afield on Skye).
- Take a wildlife boat trip from Portree for white tailed sea eagle sightings.
- Take the Calmac ferry from Sconser (Skye) to Clachan on Raasay to reach Calum’s Road.
- Visit the new whisky distillery on Raasay from 2017.